Wednesday, July 21, 2010

swiss cheese

i'm currently sitting in the guest room of my grandparents house. it's beautiful. simple, quiet, and relaxing. exactly what a vacation should be. i've had luck up to now with the weather as well. not only is it sunny everyday, but at night it cools down. exactly how i like it. i've been spending time with my godmother, my mom's best friend since she was 6. today we drove up into the mountains to go swim in a man-made lake. it was breathtakingly beautiful. i've realized that this year, out of all the other years that i've visited my mother's homeland, i've really been able to appreciate the beauty of it. everyday, in the middle of the city, i can jump in anywhere i want, into the zurich lake, and swim. that's how clean the water is here! if i did that in the east river, i'd come out hiv positive. but this post was not supposed to just be a summary of what i've been doing. i just wanted to mention, or maybe remind myself, to just let go and live. although i'm miles and miles away from my home, i can't stop my mind from acting as if i'm still there. the same things that stress me out, make me mad, make me uncomfortable, still keep creepin' up on me. i just need to let go and grow away from everything i'm used to. take in the fresh swiss air, and relax. be happy and realize what really matters. i hope everyone that reads this is doing that as well. think about what you really want out of life, and go out and get it.

this is really bizarre. but sometimes when i'm using the downstairs bathroom at my boyfriend's house i read his superhero guidebook. i always flip through looking for the coolest super heroine. i read their descriptions and try to find one that really fits my personality and lifestyle. still haven't found one yet.

okay, that's all.

goodnight, sol

No comments:

Post a Comment