Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to


"My senses have been stripped, my hands can't feel to grip,
My toes too numb to step, wait only for my boot heels
To be wanderin'.
I'm ready to go anywhere, I'm ready for to fade
Into my own parade, cast your dancing spell my way,
I promise to go under it."

Okay so I was just listening to my itunes on shuffle and this Bob Dylan song came on.
Although I've complained about him a bit in the past, because of my father I do have a sense of respect for him.
His lyrics are undeniably beautiful.

"magic swirlin' ship" gives me chills through my bones and blood.
I can physically see the grains of magic forming a film around a ship.
So beautiful.
The simplicity of just a voice and guitar, is transformed into something timeless and powerful with Dylan.
I don't mean to ramble on, but I really do love this song.











Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship,

No comments:

Post a Comment