Saturday, January 30, 2010

TOP 3 Musicals from my Childhood

#1: The Sound of Music (1965)



A classic to most young [normy] kids. I loved this movie from the very first time I saw it. Although I didn't quite understand the premise of the story, (Nazi Austria) I was still fascinated by the characters. Maria's sweet voice, her hidden rebel tendencies, and her love for the Captain proved to be an amazing story for most little girls like me. As a tradition on my father's side, as a family we sit down every time I visit the mid-west, and watch this musical. It never fails to excite me.



The last time I was out there, my cousin Emily and I discovered a new love for the youngest son, Kurt, whose bright smile and over acting makes the movie even better.

#2: Peter Pan (1954)



This musical was one that I would watch ever sunday morning when my dad would sleep-in after bar-tending. I seriously must have watched it about 1000 times. It's a musical version of Peter Pan, and I'm pretty sure it was a recorded live performance. The songs are really unique, and I just loved it.



"I need my shadow!"

#3: 7 Brides for 7 Brothers



This is just made cute and shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment